Chances are that you or someone close to you has experienced the heartbreak of miscarriage or early pregnancy loss, and knows all too well the grief and anguish it can cause.
Women who are pregnant again after loss or losses, experience heightened levels of emotional vulnerability and increased anxiety, constantly worried about the possibility of losing another baby. Infertility can be an on-going rollercoaster of hope and disappointment. Coupled with miscarriage, it can be truly heartbreaking.
Your donations can ensure early intervention support for women experiencing miscarriage and early pregnancy loss, an event that is associated with post-traumatic stress and depression that extends far beyond the loss.
Your donations can fund our one on one and group support that provides a safe place and nurturing community where women can find meaningful connections with others who have experienced pregnancy loss, where all feelings are valid and heard. Our trained Peer Support Ambassadors have all experienced their own losses themselves.
Sadly, in Australia 285 women and families will suffer a miscarriage every day¹.
Through your kindness and generosity, you can make their grief, worry and anxiety, that little bit easier to bear.
What is Workplace Giving?
Workplace Giving – sometimes referred to as payroll giving – is an easy way of supporting the Pink Elephants Support Network. As a workplace donor, you can make a regular, pre-tax donation to the Pink Elephants Support Network directly from your pay. You simply choose a donation amount that’s right for you, and it comes out of your pay every pay cycle. Because the tax deduction on your donation happens immediately, you don’t need to worry about collecting receipts throughout the year. Your donation total is included in the annual Payment Summary your employer provides, so once it’s set up you don’t have to worry about a thing!
Why should I get involved?
- Quick and easy to set up
- You’re in control – change or stop anytime
- Giving a little at a time allows you to spread out the cost
- You’ll receive an immediate tax benefit in your pay
Are there Employer benefits?
- It’s a great start in empowering employers to make a difference, and demonstrates your organisation’s commitment to important causes
- Helps boost staff morale, making the business more appealing to current and future employees
- Opens doors to future relationships and partnerships
How do I get started?
Check with your Human Resources or Finance Department to see if your employer already has a payroll/workplace giving program in place.
- Workplace Giving Program already in place? Great – ask them to sign you up with the Pink Elephants Support Network as the recipient
- No Workplace Giving Program in place? No problem! Head to Good2Give, and check out their easy sign up page, as well resources and calculators to find the right amount for you
Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Oderberg I, 2023, Hard to Bear: Investigating the science and silence of miscarriage, Ultimo Press.