We are so sorry for your loss or losses.
Welcome to our Personalised Phone Call Peer Support page, where you can book one-on-one time with one of our volunteer Peer Support Companions who will call you when it suits your schedule and our availability.
Although we are not trained counsellors, we are trained volunteer Peer Support Companions who have all gone through the heartbreaking experiences of losing our much-loved babies, and we want you to know we truly understand, you are not alone, and you did nothing wrong.
We are here to give you our time, our support, our empathy, and a safe space for everything you are feeling, thinking, and questioning - which are all real, valid, and normal. The grief of pregnancy loss can come across in many different ways for many diverse people but we are here to support you through each and every way.
To envelope and nurture you through these stages of grief, we offer a safe space to talk one-on-one to the same Peer Support Companion in real-time. This can help you process what’s happened, provide validation to your experience, give you time and space to mourn, and empower you beyond through a trusting, nurturing bond.
- How it works: You have access to 6 x free calls with the same Companion, ensuring continuity of care. - An initial support call lasts for approx. 45mins, then 5 x further support calls last for approx. 30mins each.
- You can only book these one at a time, in the form below or during your calls with your Companion.
- Please click on the relevant call you request. You cannot book any follow-up calls without an Initial call first.
- You have the choice of booking a specific Peer Support Companion, or “any Available” depending on availability.
- After choosing a day and time that suits you, please fill out the required section with your details.
- Once completed, you will be sent a confirmation email, which includes a link to reschedule or cancel the appointment if needed.
- Calls are made by our volunteer Peer Support Companions so will show on your phones as “No Caller ID” to protect their private numbers. If a call is missed, Companions will try again 5 minutes later but it is up to their discretion how often they try to reach you. If a call is completely missed, you can rebook here.
- Calls are only available to Australian telephone numbers.
- If you have any difficulties or would like to change your allocated Peer Support Companion, please email email@example.com
- If you feel you are experiencing a particularly traumatic grief response and require clinical support, we suggest calling Red Nose qualified Bereavement Counsellors on 1300 308 307.
By using the Services, you acknowledge that our Peer Support Companions are NOT qualified or registered counsellors – they are women who have experienced pregnancy loss and use their experience to assist others. Our Peer Support Companions have undergone a short training programme prepared by a qualified bereavement counsellor and social worker to familiarise themselves with the basics of grief counselling.
You may book a personalised phone call with one of our Peer Support Companions by following the booking steps available on the Website. You are entitled to six free phone sessions. The initial session will be a maximum of 45 minutes, and each subsequent call will have a maximum duration of 30 minutes. Our Peer Support Companions will not disclose their private numbers and so calls will show on your phone as 'No caller ID'. If a call is missed, the Peer Support Companion will call again five minutes later, but it is up to their discretion how often they try to reach you. If a call is completely missed, you can rebook. You acknowledge that Peer Support Companions can only call Australian telephone numbers.
If you have any difficulties or want to change your allocated Peer Support Companion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel you are experiencing a particularly traumatic grief response and require clinical support, we suggest calling Red Nose qualified Bereavement Counsellors on 1300 308 307. If at any time we feel that you are at risk or suffering to an extent that is beyond our level of support capability, we will refer you to a qualified counsellor or to your GP for further assessment.
We’ve been where you are, we get it. And we’re in this together.
*Confidentiality & Referrals: We take your privacy seriously and treat all information with respect, sensitivity and confidentiality. All Peer Support Companions have been briefly trained by a bereavement counsellor and have lived experience so can only offer peer support. For all other signs of complicated grief and/or effects from other psychological influences, we will refer you to professionals. All phone call appointments have brief notes kept on the online booking system.